EC Series Chiller
Evaporative-Cooled from 50 to 400 Tons
Designed for outdoor location, the EC Series consumes 25% to 40% less energy than air-cooled chillers. Employing a highly-efficient evaporative condenser, the EC Series can accommodate either an integrated or a remote pump/tank.
- Multiple refrigeration circuits provide redundancy and increase reliability.
- Precise capacity and temperature control
- All system components are combined in one package, eliminating the need to purchase additional cooling towers or condenser pumps.
- Brazed plate stainless steel or shell & tube evaporators, depending on the application.
- A heat transfer coil that features a primed surface steel encased in a steel framework.
- Self-spacing tubes staggered in the direction of air flow for maximum heat transfer efficiency and minimum pressure drop.
- All electrical components are mounted in a NEMA 4 electrical panel that is professionally wired and numbered to correspond with the schematic.
- Non-ferrous process water piping ensures clean process water and a corrosion-free environment. (NOTE: 4” piping and larger is carbon steel).
- The water path also includes a freeze stat and flow switch.
- Covering the tank and piping, closed-cell foam insulation conserves energy.
The EC Series offers the highest energy efficiency rating (EER) of any chiller. Just look at the performance of a 120-Ton EC Series compared to the same size air- and water-cooled chillers*
At 95°F ambient and 78°F wet bulb:
Air: 1.04 kW/Ton or 10.0 EER
Water: 1.00 kW/Ton or 11.9 EER*
Evaporative: 0.85 kW/Ton or 14.1 EER
*(including tower cell pump & fan)
At 105°F ambient and 64°F wet bulb:
Air: 1.48 kW/Ton or 8.0EER
Evaporative 0.76 kW/Ton or 16.0 EER
Cooling Technology’s easy-to-use standard microprocessor controller offers a wide setpoint temperature range, from -58°F to 194°F.
All Cooling Technology water piping is manufactured with non-ferrous material to ensure clean process water and a corrosion-free environment. Completely insulated with closed cell foam, our design approach conserves energy.
Cooling Technology’s standard safety mechanisms include a high refrigerant pressure relief valve, automatic high and low refrigerant pressure cut-off, and—on the process side—low flow cut-off and freeze protection.
From the best available compressors to our NEMA 4 electrical panels and everything in between, Cooling Technology systems are constructed with quality.
All Cooling Technology chillers are fully-wired, fully-charged, and factory tested under load conditions to ensure easy installation and successful start-up.
Want more details?
Please click on below button for a quick quote Or just call us now.